Anne Marie Miller is the author of several books on the topics of sexuality, health, addiction, grace and ministry leadership. She lives with her husband, Tim, and daughter in the Dallas/Fort-Worth metroplex.
Her highly anticipated book 5 Things Every Parent Needs to Know About Their Kids and Sex (Baker Publishing) released May 17, 2016.
The Longer Story:
Before she married Tim Miller, under the name Anne Jackson, Anne blogged at the popular FlowerDust.net (now combined into this blog) and has penned several books:
- Mad Church Disease – Overcoming the Burnout Epidemic (Zondervan, February 2009) *Awarded the Vital Church Resource Award by Outreach Magazine, July 2009).
- Permission to Speak Freely: Essays and Art on Fear, Confession and Grace (Thomas Nelson, August 2010).
- Interlude: an eBook of Poetry and Photos
- Beating Burnout: A 30 Day Guide to Hope and Health
- Mad Church Disease: Healing from Church Burnout (5th Anniversary expanded edition)
- Surviving Christmas: Advent Devotions for the Hard and Holy Days
- Lean on Me: Finding Intentional, Vulnerable and Consistent Community (Thomas Nelson, October 2014)
- 5 Things Every Parent Needs to Know About Their Kids and Sex (Baker Books, May 2016)
Anne is a popular keynote speaker at colleges, conventions and churches on topics of social justice, sexuality, mental health, and addiction. She has traveled around the United States and to over 20 countries telling the stories of hope found in the least likely places. She is a graduate of the exclusive SCORRE Conference for professional public speakers.
For two decades, Anne has been communicating for and with corporations, non-profits, faith-based organizations and publishing giants. She has been in publications such as Cosmopolitan, The New York Times, Englewood Review of Books, Publishers Weekly, Leadership Journal, Christianity Today, Relevant Magazine, Neue, Reject Apathy, Youth Worker Journal, Outreach Magazine, PurposeDriven.com, ChurchLeaders.com, The United Methodist Reporter, and BeliefNet.com. She’s been on a variety of national and international TV news and radio shows to discuss her books.
After her book 5 Things published, Anne left the Christian publishing industry and is currently finishing her degree in nursing. She still occasionally gives lectures and keynotes as her schedule allows.